Scheduling or Editing an Activity
Use the Activity detail view to add or edit an activity or to see in-depth information about an activity, including date, time, duration, and notes. You can also complete or delete an activity after you schedule it.
Your calendar security determines whose activities you can schedule, edit, complete,
Do one of the following:
- On the Schedule menu, click the type of activity you want to schedule (Phone Call, Meeting, To-Do, or Personal Activity).
- On the Contact, Account, Opportunity, or Ticket Detail view, click the Activities tab, and then click the Schedule Phone Call, Schedule Meeting, or Schedule To-Do button. If the tab is not visible, click the More Tabs tab.
- In the Regarding box, click the
drop-down arrowand select an item from the list.
- Use the Location field to type a location
, or use the Availability tab to select a location resource.
- In the Start Time box, click the Calendar button to select the
date and time when the activity will occur
, and then click OK.
Do one of the following:
- Select the Timeless check box to create
an activity that occurs on a specific date, but at no specific time and without a specific duration.
Timeless activities are displayed on the Calendar day view.
In the Duration box, type or click the drop-down arrow and select from the list.
- Select the Timeless check box to create an activity that occurs on a specific date, but at no specific time and without a specific duration.
- Select the Alarm check box to set an alarm to notify you before the activity begins.
Type or select a length of time.
- Select the Auto rollover to next day check box to automatically roll over the activity
to the next day if it is not completed on the scheduled date. This option is only
available if Timeless is selected.
A recurring activity cannot be rolled over. If you select this option and then set Recurring options, the Auto rollover to next day option is cleared.
- If necessary, select Contact or Lead.
- Click the Find button next to the appropriate box (Name, Company, Account, Opportunity, Ticket)
to open the Lookup. Find the record you want to associate with the activity, and then click OK. (If you are scheduling a personal activity, proceed
to the next step.)
The contact or lead will be added to the Participants tab as the primary. To keep the contact or lead associated with the activity, but select a different primary, click the Find button and select a different contact or lead.
To remove an Account, Opportunity or Ticket from the activity, click the Remove button next to the appropriate box. Clicking the Remove button will not remove a contact or lead from the activity. Contacts and leads must be deleted from the Participants tab.
- After selecting a contact or lead, you can hover over the record name to see limited detailed information.
- In the Priority box, select the importance of the activity.
- In the Category box, select the category of the activity.
In the Leader box,<![CDATA[ ]]> click the Find button and use the lookup toselect a leader if someone other than you will be leading the activity. Not all users are available. You can only choose a user to be an activity leader if you have access to their calendar.
Click the Availability tab to select and check the availability of the members and resources participating in the activity.<![CDATA[ ]]>
You can only add members or resources to phone calls and meetings.
- Click the Participants tab to include additional contacts and leads.
If the Show history for all participants option is not selected, then you will see a history item for only the primary participant.
See "Setting Activities Options"for more information.
- Click the Recurring tab to select how often the activity occurs (Once, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly).
- Click the Attachments tab to add or view a document or URL.
If an activity member has calendar access to the activity leader, then the member will be able to add or edit attachments. If the member does not have calendar access, then the member can only view, copy or save attachments.
- Click OK.
- Do one of the following:
- Open the Activities List view, find the activity you want to edit, and then click the activity Type hyperlink.
- From What's New, click the Activities tab, and then click the Type icon of the activity you want to edit.
The Recurring tab is not available if you select the Edit this Occurrence of the Activity option.
You can hover over a contact, account, or lead to see limited detailed information.
You cannot change the user of a personal activity.
What Are Activities and Events?
Confirm or Decline an Activity
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at firstname.lastname@example.org.