You can use templates to create letters, proposals, faxes, or e-mail messages that will be used for more than one contact or lead. Templates use standard text that does not change, as well as mail merge fields that use Infor CRM information that changes depending upon the contact or lead being merged.
Example: You can respond to a request for company information by using a letter template that contains standard text such as "Thank you for you inquiry..." and merge fields for the date, contact name, account name, address, salutation, and your name and title. You can create or edit the content of the letter for any contact.
Infor CRM supports the following software and template types:
Infor CRM Supported Software and Sample Templates
- Infor CRM supports Microsoft Word for template creation.
- The Infor CRM template editor is connected to Word, which allows you to use all of the Microsoft Word features when creating or editing templates.
- The Infor CRM evaluation database contains sample templates, called base templates, for letters, e-mail messages, and fax cover sheets. When you want to create a new template, use the base Letter, Fax, or E-mail templates as a starting point since it often is easier to edit an existing template than to create a new one.
Infor CRM Public and Private Templates
In the Manage Templates dialog box, Infor CRM classifies templates as Public or Private.
- Public templates are created and distributed by the system administrator and stored in the Public Templates folder. Public templates usually are released to all users
; if no Public Templates display in Infor CRM, you can create a new template or copy a Public template and make it a Private template for your use. To make it easy to find the appropriate templates, they should have unique names; however, templates are referenced in Infor CRM by their plug-in ID, not their name. The owner of a Private template can release it to another user. It is recommended that the owner copy the Private template, and then release the copy to other users.
- Private templates are created by a user and are automatically stored in the Private templates folder.
The tree view shows only the families for which a use has Private templates. If no Private templates display in Infor CRM, you can create a new template or copy a Public template and make it a Private template for your own use. To make it easier to find the appropriate template, they should have unique names; however, templates are referenced in Infor CRM by their plug-in ID, not their name. The owner of a Private template can release it to another user. It is recommended that the owner copy the Private template, and then release the copy to other users.
Managing and Selecting Templates
Using the List of Most Recently Used Templates
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at email@example.com.