Using the Write Menu
You can use the Infor CRM Write menu to perform a mail merge or to send an e-mail. You can communicate with a single contact or lead or with a group of contacts or leads.
If the Write menu is unavailable, you must download Infor CRM Office Integration.
Use the Write menu to:
- Write an e-mail message to a contact or lead
- Write an e-mail message, letter, or fax using a template
- Use the Mail Merge engine to send correspondence to a group of contacts, leads, accounts, etc.
- Create and print address labels or envelopes
- Create, edit, and delete templates
The Write E-mail/Letter/Fax Using Template menu options contain the most recently used templates. The number of items to display is set by you or your system administrator when configuring your Infor CRM options.
If a list of templates is dimmed, you may not have access to the menu item. Contact your system administrator if you require access.
- Microsoft Word is already open: If you have another instance of Word already open, you will be prompted to close Word before the merge can continue.
- HTML E-mail output: Mail Merge uses Microsoft Internet Explorer HTML formatting for e-mail messages. Messages should be sent as a multi-part MIME message for recipients who cannot read HTML messages. Also, Word does not display Header and Footer information or graphics in an HTML page, but it does store the data.
- Merging to a Table of Contents: Merging to a template that contains a Table of Contents is not supported. It is recommended that the Table of Contents be created after the merge is complete. Use the Edit Mail Merge Output Prior to Sending feature, and then insert the Table of Contents.
- Placing Merge Fields in Text Boxes: You cannot place Infor CRM merge fields in a text box. The merge will not process correctly.
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at firstname.lastname@example.org.