Configuring Outlook Sync and Outlook Integration
Synchronization and integration preferences should be configured in Microsoft Outlook.
|The Connection and Send to CRM/Record to History options may already be configured for Web Client users that set their options in the Desktop Manager.|
You can configure different settings for different types of records. For example, you can enable one-way sync for contacts and two-way sync for calendar items. The following steps outline the recommended synchronization settings between Microsoft Outlook and Infor CRM.
Before you can configure Outlook:
- Microsoft Outlook must be installed and running on the local machine.
- Web - Infor CRM Xbar for Microsoft Outlook will not install unless Microsoft Office, including Outlook, is already installed.
- Windows - If Microsoft Outlook was not installed before installing the Infor CRM Client, you must perform additional configuration steps.
- You must know the connection server and port number and your user name and password.
Contact your system administrator for more information.
- You must create a contact sync group for the contacts you want to synchronize between Outlook and Infor CRM.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- If you are not prompted, click the Options button.
If the Options button does not appear, then Outlook sync has not been installed properly.
- Use the tabs to set the following options:
- Connection - connection to the Infor CRM server. Required for contact and calendar synchronization and e-mail integration.
- Sync - synchronization options for contacts, appointments (phone calls, meetings and personal activities), and tasks (to-dos). Required for contact and calendar synchronization.
- Xbar side Panel - set options specific to Infor CRM Xbar For Microsoft Outlook.
- Send to CRM/Record to History - options for prompts, displaying information, and attachment behavior when using Send to CRM or Record to History. Used for e-mail integration.
- Address Book - display options for your Infor CRM Address book. Used for e-mail integration.
- Logging - ability to turn on or off logging and view logging information for troubleshooting. Used for contact and calendar synchronization
- Advanced - to enable drag and drop from Outlook to Infor CRM Web Client using all browsers, when your version of Infor CRM is 188.8.131.52 or later.
- All Options - ability to view options as value pairs. Recommended for advanced users only.
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at firstname.lastname@example.org.