Adding Contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Infor CRM
To add contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Infor CRM, you must first create and configure a contact sync group in Infor CRM and set your contact sync options.
If a contact does not exist in Infor CRM, then:
- A new contact is created in Infor CRM.
- If a matching account (company name) exists in Infor CRM, then the new contact will be associated with the existing account.
- If more than one matching account exists in Infor CRM, then the new contact will be associated with the first account that is found.
- If a matching account (company name) cannot be found in Infor CRM, then a new account is created.
- The account is created with a type of Prospect, status of Active, owned by "Everyone", and the Account Manager is the user adding the contacts.
- If the contact does have a company (account) defined, then an account is created in Infor CRM using the company name as the account name.
- If the contact does not have a company (account) defined, then an account is created in Infor CRM using the contact's last name and first name.
- The address and phone information is only synchronized with the contact, not the account.
- The contact is added to the contact sync group.
This feature may not be available for all users. External integrations must be implemented by your administrator.
To select contacts to synchronize with Infor CRM
- Add the contacts to the folder you designated as the contact sync folder in your Connector Sync Options.
Understanding Contact Synchronization
Selecting Contacts to Synchronize with Microsoft Outlook
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at firstname.lastname@example.org.