Writing and Sending Letters or Memos
The following describes how to write a letter to a single contact or lead. If you need to send a letter or memo to more than one contact or lead, use Mail Merge.
If the Write menu is unavailable, you must download Infor CRM Office Integration.
To write a letter
- On the Write menu, do one of the following:
- Point to Letter using Template, and then select a template from the list of recently used templates.
- Click More Templates to select another template. If this is the first time selecting a particular template, you will be prompted with the Add Template to Menu dialog box. (Optional) Select Yes to add the template to your existing "Letter Using Template..." menu.
Your next step depends on your focus within the Infor CRM Web Client.
- If your focus is on a particular contact or lead, the merge will continue.
- If you do not have focus on a particular contact or lead, use the Select Contact or Select Lead dialog box to select a contact or lead.
- If your focus is on an account or an opportunity, the Select Contact dialog box will prompt you to select a contact.
- If your focus is on a ticket the document will merge with the associated contact.
- The Select Type of Address dialog box displays if the contact has more than one address and the template contains any merge fields from the address table.
- (Optional) In the Letter Editor dialog box, you can type additional information or make changes to the template.
- Choose if you want to:
- Save the letter or memo to a file. If so, from the File menu, choose from one of the Save options.
- Print the letter or memo. If so, click the Print button.
- Click Save and Close to close the Letter Editor.
- At the Create an Address Label prompt, click Yes if you want to print an address label or envelope for the letter, otherwise click No.
Use the Complete an Activity dialog box to edit the history information, type notes, or schedule a follow-up activity, and then click Complete.
- If you scheduled a follow-up activity, complete the Schedule an Activity dialog box, and then click Save.
Writing and Sending an E-mail Message
Writing and Sending a Fax Message
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at email@example.com.