Promote to Back Office
"Promoting" a record to a back office creates a corresponding record in the back office application and creates a link between the records in Infor CRM and the back office application.
Accounts created in Infor CRM stay in Infor CRM only until they are promoted by the Infor CRM user. New bill to, ship to, and pay from records can only be added if the related account has been promoted. After the initial account promotion, all related contact, ship to, bill to, and pay from records are also promoted. However, any related quotes and sales orders must be promoted individually.
If records are set to synchronize in both directions and the data is created for an account in Infor CRM, the account must be promoted to the back office integrated application.
If the data is created in the back office integrated application and records are set to synchronize in both directions, the data can be modified in Infor CRM. When the changes are saved in Infor CRM the back office integrated application will be updated. For more information, see the Infor CRM BOE Customization Guide.pdf.
You need to manually promote a record under the following conditions:
- You create an account in Infor CRM that needs to be available in the back office application.
- A promoted account has associated quotes or sales orders that need to be available in the back office application.
- Your implementation requires that changes made to promoted accounts, opportunities, sales orders, quotes, and any related entities, such as contact, bill to, ship to, or pay from, must be promoted.
- For sales orders or quotes, a message displays in the Snapshot indicating if promotion is required.
- For contacts, on the detail view, click the ERP Details tab and view the Sync Status. If the Sync Status is Changes Pending, then you need to promote your changes to the back office application.
- For other record types, on the detail view, view the Sync Status. If the Sync Status is Changes Pending, then you need to promote your changes to the back office application.
Contacts, Bill To, Ship To, and Pay From cannot be promoted until the Account to which they are associated is successfully promoted.
- Open the detail view for the record you want to promote.
- bill to
- ship to
- pay from
- sales order
- In the Task Pane, click Promote.
- If prompted, click the Back Office drop-down arrow and select the back office application.
- Click the System Accounting Entity drop-down arrow and select the corresponding entity of the record type you are promoting.
- Click OK.
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at firstname.lastname@example.org.