Using Outlook Integration
Outlook Integration features are now installed with Infor CRM Xbar for Microsoft Outlook.
If your company uses Outlook Integration, you can save Outlook e-mail messages as Infor CRM history items. For example, you can:
- Compose an e-mail message in Outlook, select contacts from the Infor CRM Address Book, and then click Send to CRM to record the e-mail body and any attachments to the associated record. You can also include attachments to the message.
For more information, see Understanding E-mail Integration.
- Select an e-mail message in Outlook, and then click Record to History to record the e-mail body and any attachments to the associated record.
- Send an Infor CRM contact's information in a vCard file format via e-mail.
- Attach documents from Infor CRM Library to a message in Outlook.
- Drag and drop e-mail messages from Outlook to the Infor CRM History tab.
- Click the E-mail button on the Contact or Lead Detail view to open a new e-mail message addressed to that lead or contact.
For more information, see E-mailing a contact or Lead.
- Click the E-mail button on the Ticket Detail view to copy ticket information into a new e-mail message, and then click Send to CRM in Microsoft Outlook to send the message and save it to Infor CRM.
For more information, see Sending an E-mail Message from a Ticket.
Important Information about Outlook E-mail Integration
When you use the e-mail integration features, keep the following in mind:
- Recording Notes/History from a message you are sending:
The Send to CRM button appears on each e-mail message you compose in Microsoft Outlook.
Click this button to send your message and record notes/history information.
The message is recorded to the Notes/History tab for each Infor CRM<![CDATA[
]]>contact or lead and any associated account. Infor CRM locates the
contact or lead based on a matching e-mail address. For example, if you compose
a message in Outlook to firstname.lastname@example.org and click Send to CRM, Infor CRM
looks for a contact or lead containing the same e-mail address, and if
it is found, records the message to notes/history. If a matching e-mail
address is not found, a dialog box appears stating that the contact was
not found and no notes/history will be recorded. (However, you can record
the notes/history by dragging the message from Microsoft Outlook to the Infor CRM Client.) If more than one contact is found, you are prompted to choose
a contact to receive the notes/history information.
If the message includes attachment(s), you are prompted to keep a copy of the attachment(s) in Infor CRM. If you click Yes, a link to the attachment is added to the Attachments tab for each contact or lead.
- Recording Notes/History from a message you receive: The Record to History button appears in the main Outlook window. Select a message and click Record to History (on the Tools menu), or drag the message from Outlook to the Infor CRM contact record. Attachments are recorded as described previously for the Send to CRM button.
- Sending messages with Infor CRM closed: If the Infor CRM Clientt is closed when you click the Send to CRM or Record to History button, a temp file is written to a temporary directory. When you open the Infor CRM Client, the notes/history information is recorded.
Advanced Outlook Integration
- Excluding contacts from your organization: Your system administrator can set up domain name exclusion rules to prevent notes/history records from being recorded for some contacts (such as employees at your company). The same rules apply when messages are automatically flagged for follow up. For more information, consult your system administrator or refer to the Administrator Help topic "Adding a Domain Exclusion".
- Sending messages without a connection to the Exchange server: The Infor CRM Address Book in Outlook is not dependent on a connection to the host Exchange server, but rather on the connection to the database (Network or Remote). When you click the Send to CRM button, the message is recorded to notes/history in Infor CRM; however, the message remains in your Outlook Outbox until a connection is made to the Exchange server.
Understanding Calendar Integration
Understanding Contact Integration
Installing Infor CRM Xbar for Microsoft Outlook
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at email@example.com.