Using the Template Editor
With the Template Editor, you can create a new template or edit an existing template. The editor contains an Infor CRM toolbar which gives you access to the special template functions as well as many Microsoft Word features. The features available depend on whether the type of template you are editing is a Letter, an E-mail or a Fax.
To help you recognize the toolbar buttons, Infor CRM includes a tooltip to identify each tool. To view a tooltip, move the cursor over the tool.
Since the editor has Microsoft Word embedded, Word toolbars are visible, too. Click the Show Word Menu button to view additional Microsoft Word toolbars that are not currently visible.
To open the template editor
- On the Write menu, select Templates.
Do one of the following:
- Select a private template, and then click the Edit button.
- Click the New button and set the template properties, and then click OK.
To insert SLX merge fields in a template
- Place the cursor in the template where you want the merge field located.
- Click Insert SLX Field.
The menu opens with commonly used Infor CRM merge fields.
- Select a field name.
- Click More SLX Fields to access additional Infor CRM merge fields.
- To preview the merged template, on the toolbar, click Preview.
This merges information from the current contact into the template.
You can not edit or save a template from the Preview window. Close the preview window when viewing is complete.
- On the toolbar, click either Save or Save and Close.
The template saves to the Infor CRM database. If Save and Close is selected, the editor is closed. The Mail Merge dialog box opens with the current template name in the Template box.
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at firstname.lastname@example.org.