Using Infor CRM Merge Fields
The Insert SLX Field menu contains the most commonly used Infor CRM merge fields. However, when creating or editing a template, if you need aInfor CRM field that is not in the menu, you can use select More SLX Fields to access all the Infor CRM merge fields. In addition, you can add a field to the menu, and customize the menu.
The Insert Infor CRM Mail Merge Field dialog box has two panes:
- The left pane contains the tabs with the Contact or Lead, Address, and UserInfo tables. Click the plus sign to expand the tree view of tables. Select Show All Joins to see all joined tables.
- The right pane shows all fields for the selected table. You can right-click on a field to create a local join.
Tab Field Contact or Lead Contains information about the recipient of the letter, including name and company. If Contact is selected as the Main Table in the properties of the template, fields from the Contact table will display. If Lead is selected as the Main Table, fields from the Lead table will display. Address Contains information about the recipient’s address. Use this tab when selecting the contact address fields or lead address fields. UserInfo Contains fields, including address information, about the sender.
To access additional merge fields
- From the Insert SLX Field menu, click More SLX Fields.
- Select one of the tabs.
- In the left pane, select a table name.
- In the right pane, select a field, and then click Insert.
- Continue adding fields to the template, and then click Done.
To add fields to the Insert SLX Field menu
- From the Insert SLX Field menu, click Customize.
- Click Insert Field.
- Click the tab that contains the tables and fields you want to insert.
- In the right pane, select a field.
- If you need to change the format type for the field, in the Format Type list, select a format type.
- In the Format String box, type the format string.
- In the Display As box, the field will appear in the menu as shown, but you can type a display name for the field.
- Click Add to Menu.
- Continue adding fields to the menu, or click Done.
Customizing Insert SLX Field Menu
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at email@example.com.