Defining a Delimiter
Use this view to select the appropriate delimiter value for your list and preview records before you import them to Infor CRM. A delimiter parses fields in a list. Infor CRM analyzes the list to determine which delimiter is currently used, but you can select a different delimiter if necessary.
To define a delimiter and preview
- When importing leads, after selecting a file, click Next.
- If you need to change the delimiter, click one of the following options:
- If you selected Other, you must specify the delimiter used to separate fields in the list. Type the delimiter character in the Other box.
- From the Text Qualifier list, click the drop-down arrow and select a qualifier from the list.
A text qualifier identifies text that should be imported exactly as it appears.
- If the list contains field names, select the First Row Contains Field Names check box to display the field names in the Preview area.
If there are extended characters in the imported file that do not correctly display in the Preview area, you must resave the import file and explicitly define the encoding type as UTF-8, Unicode, or ANSI. After you resave the file, click the Back button to return to the Select a File step and reselect the updated file before continuing the import.
- Click Next to go to the next step.
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at firstname.lastname@example.org.