Adding a Note
You use notes to document the outcome of an activity and to record interactions with an account, contact, lead, or opportunity. The notes you add appear in the Notes/History tab on the Account, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity Detail views.
If you create a note for an opportunity, and then disassociate the note from the contact and account, the note will not be sent to Remote users.
To add a note
On the New menu, click Note.
In the Regarding box, click the drop-down arrowand select an item from the list.
If necessary, use the Location field to type a location.
- If necessary, modify the Completed and Scheduled dates. To modify the date, click the Calendar button to select the date.
- Do one of the following:
- Select Timeless if you do not need to enter a duration for the note.
- Click the Duration drop-down arrow and select from the list.
Select the Contact or Lead option. Depending on your selection, click the Find button next to the appropriate boxes (Name, Account, Opportunity or Ticket) , and use the Find dialog boxto locate the appropriate record.
To remove a Lead, Contact, Account, Opportunity or Ticket, click the Remove button next to the appropriate box.
- In the Priority box, click the
drop-down arrowand select an item from the list.
If necessary, click the Find button and use the lookup toselect a Leader.
- In the Notes box, type
the appropriate information.
- If necessary, click the Attachments tab to add a document or URL.
(Optional) Click the Follow-up drop-down arrowand select the follow-up activity type. Schedule a follow-up activity.
- Use the Carry Over Notes or Carry Over Attachments check boxes to copy notes or attachments from this note to the follow-up activity.
- Click OK.
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at firstname.lastname@example.org.