Example: Using the Query Builder to Create a Group
The following example explains how to create a group of all primary contacts who work in the Sales department of their companies.
- Log on to Infor CRM Web Client.
- On the Navigation Bar, click Contacts.
- On the Groups menu, click Add Group.
- In Query Builder, complete the following on the Properties tab:
- In the Name box, type Primary Sales Contacts.
- In the Description box, type Primary contacts who work in Sales.
- On the Conditions tab, complete the following:
- In the upper left side of the Query Builder, select CONTACT.
- In the upper right side of the Query Builder, double-click Isprimary.
The Assign Condition dialog box appears, with Isprimary in the Field Name box, and String as the Field Type.
- In the Operator box, select (=) equal to.
- Next to the Value is box, click Browse, select T (for True), and then click OK.
Leave Case Sensitive Compare selected and do not select Use Value as a Literal.
- Click OK.
- In the upper right side of the Query Builder, double-click Department.
The Assign Condition dialog box appears, with Department in the Field Name box, and String as the Field Type.
- In the Operator box, select contains.
- Next to the Value is box, click Browse, select Sales, and click OK.
- Clear the Case Sensitive Compare check box, and do not select Use Value as a Literal.
- Click OK.
- Click the Layout tab. The Layout tab shows which fields will appear when the query is saved as a group. Complete the following:
- On the right side of the Query Builder, select the Department field and double-click to add it to the grid below.
- Use the scroll bar to scroll to the far right, and click Department.
- Click the Move Left button repeatedly until Department appears between Account and City
- Click the Sorting tab. By default, the contacts are sorted by last name in ascending (A-Z) order. If necessary, you can add additional sorting criteria or change the order.
- On the Defaults tab, leave the options set as is.
- Click OK.
The new Primary Sales Contacts group appears in the Contact Group list and you can select it to display all contacts that meet the criteria you defined.
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at firstname.lastname@example.org.