Setting Opportunity Options
Use the Opportunities tab to specify default settings for any new opportunities that you enter into the Infor CRM Web Client.
To set opportunity options
On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the Opportunities tab.
- In the Opportunity Description area, select Use default name conventions if the default names will be controlled by a script. A sample Opportunity Description will appear in the space below the check box. Contact your administrator if you are unsure whether or not you should select this item.
- In the Opportunity Status box, click the drop-down arrow and select from the list. (The default setting is Open.)
- In the Opportunity Type box, click the drop-down arrow and select from the list. (This setting is blank by default.)
- From the Probability drop-down list, click the drop-down arrow and select a probability of close that will be the default for new opportunities. This option is ignored if you choose a Sales Process in step 9.
- To set the estimated close date for the new opportunities you create, select the number of months in the Set estimated close date to x months after opening drop-down list. You can select from 0 to 36.
- If you want opportunities to close at the end of the month selected in the preceding step, select the Initially change estimated close to last day of month check box.
- Select a process from the Sales Process list. The list consists of all released sales processes. The default setting is blank.
The Default Sales Process box will be unavailable if the SalesLogix Advanced bundle is not installed.
- In the Default Contact(s) area you can determine which contacts should be added to new opportunities by default. Default Contact options are:
- Add all contacts associated with account<![CDATA[ ]]>
- Add only the account's primary contact<![CDATA[ ]]>
- Add no contacts
Multi-Currency only: Click the Default Currency
Findbutton to select from the list.
- To include products for all new opportunities by default, click the Products button, to open the Add Product dialog box.
This option is not available if Accounting Integration is configured.
You must click Save on each tab or your option selections will not be saved.
What's New in this Release
For a list of new features, see the What's New In This Release topic.
Getting Started with Infor CRM Web Client
Infor CRM Quick Reference for the Web User
This documentation was developed by Infor CRM User Assistance. For content revisions, questions, or comments, contact the Infor CRM writers at firstname.lastname@example.org.