Business Unit Setup - Memo Value Entries
The memo value properties define the use of the non-financial value that can be entered on a transaction. This value can represent any statistical or other numeric value.
Complete this information in General:
- Non-Currency Value Name
- A generic name used to identify the non-financial value that can be entered on transactions. For example, Non Financial Value or Related Statistical Value.
- Alternatively, it may be set to a specific name if the value is used solely or mainly for this purpose throughout the ledger. For example, Quantity or Hours.
- Non-Currency Value Post Rule
- The posting rule that controls whether or not a
memo value is required on each ledger posting transaction. Two options are
Note: The memo value will take the same debit/credit marker sign reflected in posting transactions.
- Undefined (or blank) - this option prevents a memo value being entered.
- Only present if entered - this option allows a memo value to be entered manually on a transaction. However, the value is optional, so if it is not entered the value is not calculated.
- Save your changes.