Business Unit Setup - Value 5 Entries
The fifth currency value is not held on transactions. Only a currency code and rate can be held and this currency can be either a fixed or variable currency.
Complete this information in General:
- 5th Currency Value Name
- A generic name given to the Value 5 currency value available on posting transactions. For example, Alternative Banking Currency.
- 5th Currency Code
- The code identifying the fifth currency if you
wish to define this value as a fixed currency. Leave blank if the fifth
currency is to be defined as variable.
Note: If this currency has not been defined using Currency Codes (CNC), it is added automatically.
- 5th Currency Posting Rule
- Available options are:
Note: The value itself is not held, and is only calculated in reporting.
- Undefined (or blank) - this option prevents a fifth currency rate being entered on any transactions.
- Rate Only - this option allows a fifth currency code and rate to be stored against a transaction in Ledger Entry and Ledger Import.
- 5th Currency Calculated From
- This option defines the value from which the fifth
currency is calculated. Options are:
Note: If this option is set to undefined, by default the pivot currency is used.
- From Value 1
- From Value 2
- From Value 3
- From Value 4.
- Save your changes.