This document explains how you create a time definition that can generate compensation for an employee despite clocking in/out using an absence type (which normally generates absence time).
A time definition is created that compensates the employee in the form of money, time off, etc. when he/she has been clocking as absent.
Time definitions are stored in the MTMABT file.
If the conditions in the time definition is met, time will be calculated that compensate the employee in the form of money, time off, etc. Times are calculated in 'Calculated Time. Generate' (TMS400), 'Calculated Time. Approve On-screen' (TMS230) and via night runs in 'Night Run. Start' (CRS999).
Start 'Absence Type. Connect Time Type' (TMS140).
Enter sorting order 1 on the B panel.
Sorting order 2 is used to display, change, copy or delete time definitions.
Enter the combination of absence type, employee group and time type to be valid for the time definition. If you want the definition to be valid only for a certain type of workday, enter the work hour group that corresponds to the workday. Press New.
Enter from and to which times the time definition is to be valid on the E panel. Press Enter.
A maximum of three time periods can be entered.
|Program ID/Panel||Field||The field indicates …|
… the time from which the current time definition is valid.
Common Guidelines for the 'From time' and 'To time' fields
* Up to three time periods can be created per time definition.
* Times are entered according to hours and minutes (HHMM or HH,MM).
1. An employee's schedule time is 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
2. The employee clocks out at 4:30 p.m. as absence type 'Compensation to time off'.
3. A time definition for absence type 'Compensation to time off', time type 'Additional pay for shiftwork' with the time period 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. exists.
4. A time of 1 hour with time type 'Additional pay for shiftwork' is created.
… the time to which the current time definition is valid.
For more information, see the explanation of the 'From time' field above.