Deactivate Equipment with an As-built Structure
This document explains how you deactivate an assembly with an as-built
structure. This may be required when you sell an equipment or when it is out on lease for a
longer period and technical records have not been maintained during the lease period.
This document also explains how to reactivate an already deactivated equipment
with an as-built structure.
The assembly is registered as an equipment with a serial number. It has parts fitted in all
mandatory installation positions specified in 'As-Built Structure. Open'
(MOS256) and can also have generated planned work orders in 'Work
Request. Open' (MOS170). These planned work orders may also have triggered the
- The status of the equipment and all installed components is updated to '10'.
- All planned work orders with a status less than '20' are deleted.
- Material plan records associated with planned work orders of the equipment are
- Warehouse records in the installed warehouse are deleted if 'Serial
number administration' is set to '2' in 'Model/Site. Open'
(MOS400) and 'Model/Site Individual. Open'
(MOS250). The warehouse and location to use are specified in 'Settings – Maintenance 1' (CRS788) and usually have a
warehouse and location combination of INS / INSTALL.
Before you start
- An active equipment with a status between '20' and '80' exists with an as-built
- Planned work orders for the equipment may exist with a status of less than '20'.
Follow these steps
Open 'Equipment/Serialized Item. Open' (MMS240) and select the equipment that you want to deactivate.
Select related option 53='Deactivate Equipment/As-built'.
The warning message 'Confirm by selecting the option again' is displayed .
Select related option 53='Deactivate Equipment/As-built' again. A
background job is started that performs the updates described in the Outcome
Reactivate the equipment
- If 'Serial number administration' is set to '2' in (MOS400) and (MOS250)
the warehouse records that were deleted during deactivation must be recreated. This is
done using F18='Crt As-Blt Str'' in (MOS256). This also resets the status to '20' for all
components in the structure.
- Perform meter reading updates and removal or installations as required using
'Operational Log. Open' (FLS001), 'Equipment. Report Meter
Reading' (MOS160) and 'As-built Structure. Update Remove/Inst'
- Open (MMS240) and select the equipment that you want to reactivate.
- Select related option 54='Reactivate Equipment/As-built'.
- The warning message 'Confirm by selecting the option again' is displayed.
- Select related option 54='Reactivate Equipment/As-built' again. A background job is
started to set the 'Continuous net change' parameter to 'On' for each installed component,
and trigger SRP regeneration of planned work orders.