Updating Multiple Fields for Multiple Records
You can use the Bulk Action Update field to change one or more fields for one or more records at once.
To update one or more records:
- Open the List view for the type of records you would like to update.
- View the group or lookup results that contain the records you want to update.
Select one or more records. To select more than one record, hold
down [Ctrl] or [Shift], and highlight the records.
Note: If you do not select any records, you are asked, if all the records in the group can be used. If you click , all the group records are selected. There is no limit to the number of records that can be updated.
- In the Task Pane, click .
- In the Bulk Action Update field, click the drop-down arrow and select the information you want to update.
- Complete the remaining fields to define the updated value. The remaining fields depend upon the information you are updating.
- To add another property, click ( ) and repeat steps 5-7 until you have selected and defined all of the information you want to update.
If records were not updated due to security reasons, you are prompted with a message to click the link to see a group of records that cannot be updated.