Adding an Ad Hoc Group
You can create an ad hoc group to store a list of selected records from any of the List views.
To add an ad hoc group:
- Open a list view.
- Open a group or perform a Lookup to find the records you want to add to the group.
Select one or more records by pressing the CTRL or Shift key as
you click each item and then do one of the following:
Note: If you do not select any records, you will be asked if all records in the group should be used. If you click , all group records will be selected.
- From the Task Pane, select Save Records as Group.
- Right-click in the List view grid and select Save Records as Group.
- In the Add Records to new Group dialog box, type a descriptive name in the Group Name box.
- Click .
If a large number of records were selected, the
Jobs Progress dialog box may display. Do one
of the following:
Note: This group is automatically marked as a Favorite. Favorites display as tabs in alphabetical order up to the limit allowed by your administrator. Use the Groups list to manage your Favorites.
- Wait for the job to complete and click the link that displays.
- Click Job Notifications. to dismiss the box. The job continues to process in the background. When the job is complete, a job notification alert appears in the menu bar. You can view the completed job results from