What Are Opportunities?
Potential sales to accounts and contacts are called opportunities. Opportunities allow you to collect and report a variety of information relating to an opportunity, such as probability of closing a sale, estimated close dates, and more. You can track any combination of the following opportunity-related information.
You can create opportunities for any public account, for which you have access. An opportunity can include only a single account, but may contain several associated contacts. User account access rights determine user opportunity access to those particular accounts.
Here are some of the features to help you manage opportunities:
- Create groups to work with a subset of opportunities. You can create groups based on specific sets of conditions, or by individually choosing opportunities. Use the Opportunity List view for creating groups.
- Allocate products associated with an opportunity. For example, you can record the product quantities a customer is interested in, and the potential revenue.
- Include key contacts involvement and influence over the opportunity.
- Keep track of competitors involved with the opportunities to help you plan your strategy.
- Track probability of close, estimated and actual close dates, and potential revenues.